FBA Removal Reminder
This was written about previously in another blog post.
August 15th is the day that Long Term Storage Fees are calculated.
Amazon’s “fee removal” ends August 14th.
! VERY IMPORTANT !
If you file a removal order for sellable inventory on or before August 14, 2016, including automated removals, you will be unable to send in additional units of these ASINs until January 1, 2017.
- You chose the specific items you want to be removed from your inventory.
- You are given the option to return, dispose, or liquidate your items. Note: If the liquidate option is not available, then either that option has not rolled out to your account yet or that item has already been deemed ineligible for liquidation.
- Once you submit your items for liquidation, Amazon will spend up to 60 days looking for a liquidator who is interested in buying your chosen liquidation inventory.
- During the 60 days, Amazon will not charge you any Long Term Storage Fees (THIS IS HUGE).
- During the 60 days, Amazon also will not charge you any Monthly Storage Fees for items successfully liquidated.
- If Amazon finds a buyer for the items you submitted for liquidation, Amazon will keep 10% of the liquidation payment and will give you the remaining 90%. Note: It’s pretty normal for a liquidator to only offer to buy liquidation items for around 10% of the average selling price, so basic math tells me you can expect to receive around 9% of the average selling price as a liquidation payment.
- If Amazon does not find a buyer in 60 days, then once again you are left with 2 options to remove your inventory: return or dispose.Once an inventory item has been selected to be liquidated, there are no options for you to cancel this process.
- Once an inventory item has been selected to be liquidated, there are no options for you to cancel this process.
- Payments for all liquidated items will appear in the “Miscellaneous adjustments” section of your Payments Report in Seller Central. You should receive the payment within 60 days from the date you submitted the liquidation.
- If you don’t get the liquidation payment, then it’s a good idea to open up a ticket with Seller Central and have them investigate.